An interview with Inka Member Tina Burman

You have been with Inka for nearly two years now.  What made you choose to become a member of Inka Gallery?
I was looking for a gallery with a relaxed atmosphere, a place where I can sell my unframed work and so that the customers can buy original art at an affordable price.

                Standing Tall - Lithography
 How long have you been creating art and how did you get started?
I started with an Adult Ed class in 2000 and it developed from there.


Star Gazer - etching
What or who inspires your artwork?
A printmaking course at Tafe inspired me and that’s where I got to learn about Jorg Schimeisser and Barbara Hanrahan’s work and loved what they did.

Do you have a favourite subject and medium?
My favourite is printmaking in particular linocuts

Dove on Marbled Paper - Linocut
What other creative talents do you have besides your artworks?
Besides printmaking I also like oil painting, pastels and making clam shell boxes.


Shady - Linocut    SOLD
 What have you gained so far from being a member of Inka Gallery?
Being a member of Inka has be a great learning curve for me on how a
gallery is run.  And a great way to meet people and make new friends.

Lookout for more of Tina's artworks on our "black wall" in a couple of weeks - we'll keep you posted!

Comments