Some images from upcoming exhibition - 'Loved up Colour' by Anna Blatman

When Melbourne artist Anna Blatman stumbled upon our little gallery while visiting Hobart a few months ago, she thought it would be the perfect space to have an exhibition of her small colourful artworks.  We are really pleased that she carried out this thought and now Inka Gallery is proud to present 'Loved up Colour'.

Working in acrylics on small canvases and conveying her 'message of colour' with each stroke, Anna's artworks are vibrant and cheery. Her vases of flowers, fields of poppies, lemon trees, birds and little houses, inject summer-colour back into the greyer autumn days that lie ahead! 

Just a few examples of Anna's many works that will be in her upcoming exhibition....

        lemon pot        sold

       red house       sold


waterlily
    lovely asters   sold

             lemon tree        sold

country house


bluebird

                          purple blooms     sold                    

              beauty       sold

very red

hydrangeas  sold

           magnolia           sold
                                                 © anna blatman 2011

Artist Statement:

I was born in Melbourne on 4th August 1965.

I live twenty minutes from the city in a suburb called Elsternwick.  I have a husband Roger and a son Chase and a daughter Kelly.

I work exclusively in acrylics as they dry very fast and this allows me to layer up the colours.  When I am painting, my hand can hardly keep up with the brain as ideas keep flowing!
I have my own studio/gallery and I am painting there everyday except Sunday.  I only hang my own paintings on the walls of my gallery and I love when someone comes in, not bo buy, but just to have a chat about the colours.

Through my extensive market days and Sydney Market at the Rocks, I have paintings hanging all over the world and I love the fact that a painting is somewhere that I have never been.

I love to combine colours and I especially loved mixing colours and very rarely used paint straight from the tube.

My message is simple and my paintings convey the message of colour.

Anna Blatman's exhibition 'Loved up Colour' runs from 14 April - 4 May 2011 at Inka Gallery, Salamanca Place, Hobart.

Comments